miércoles, 23 de marzo de 2016

Reading the Holy Gospel, Thursday March 24 (click here)


 Thursday, March 24
 Gospel of the day (Jn 13, 1-15): Before the feast of Passover, when Jesus knew that his hour had come to pass from this world to the Father, having loved his own who were in the world, loved them to the extreme. During supper, when the devil had already put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray, knowing that the Father had put everything into his hands and he had come from God and was returning to God, he rose from the table, removed his outer garments and, taking a towel, girded himself. Then he poured water into a basin and began to wash the disciples' feet and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.

He comes to Simon Peter; he says, "Lord, do you wash my feet?". Jesus replied, "What I am doing you do not understand now you will understand later." Peter said: "I do not ever wash my feet." Jesus answered him, "If I wash you, you have no part with me." Simon Peter said, "Lord, not my feet only, but my hands and head". Jesus says, "He who has bathed needs only to wash; It is entirely clean. And you are clean, but not all. " He knew who would betray him, so he said, "are not all clean."

After he had washed their feet, he took his clothes, he returned to the table and said, "Do you understand what I have done to you? You call me "Teacher" and "Lord," and you say well, for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet, you also should wash each other's feet. For I have given you an example, that you also should do as I have done to you ".

  We share his brother in Christ, Father Santiago Zamora
 #diario #padresantiagozamora #evangelio #sacerdotessinfronteras #jesus #cristo #iglesia #biblia #cristianismo

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario