miércoles, 4 de noviembre de 2015

Reading from the Gospel, Thursday, November 5 (click here)


  Thursday, November 5
  Gospel (Lk 15, 1-10): At that time, all the publicans and sinners drew near unto him to hear him, and the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, "This man welcomes sinners and eats with them."

Then he told them this parable. "Who among you who has a hundred sheep and losing one of them, doth not leave the ninety-nine in the desert and go after the lost one until he finds it? And when he finds it, he lays it on his shoulders; and coming home, he calls together his friends and neighbors and says to them, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost. " I tell you, just as there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no conversion.

"Or what woman having ten silver coins and loses one, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? When she finds it, she calls together her friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me because I have found the piece which I had lost. " Similarly, I tell you, joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents. "

  We share your brother in Christ, Father Santiago

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario