martes, 21 de julio de 2015

Reading from the Gospel, Wednesday July 22 (click here)


Liturgical day: Wednesday July 22
 Gospel (Jn 20, 1-2.11-18): The first day is Mary of Magdala came to the tomb when it was still dark, and sees the stone taken away from the tomb. Runs away and comes to Simon Peter and to the other disciple whom Jesus loved, and said to them, "They have taken away the Lord and we know not where they have laid him."

It was Mary at the tomb, outside, weeping. And as she wept, she stooped to look inside, and saw two angels in white sitting where he had been the body of Jesus, one at the head and one at the feet. They said, 'Woman, why are you crying? ". She answered, "Because they have taken away my Lord, and I know not where they have laid him." With that, he turned and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus. Jesus said, "Woman, why are you crying? Who are you looking for. She thought he was the gardener, she said: "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have laid him, and I will take him away." Jesus says, "Mary." She turned and said to him in Hebrew: "Rabboni" which means "Teacher." - Jesus said: "Do not touch me, I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and tell them: I ascend to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God. " Mary Magdalene went and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord and that he had said these words.

  Your brother in Christ, Father Santiago

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario