domingo, 12 de julio de 2015

Reading from the Gospel, Monday, July 13 (click here)


Liturgical day: Monday July 13
 Gospel (Mt 10, 34 to -11.1): At that time, Jesus told his apostles: "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. Yes, I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, the daughter in law against her mother in law; and enemies will be those who live with him.

He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. He who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it; and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. Whoever receives you, receives me, and whoever receives me receives him who sent me. Whoever receives a prophet to be a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and whoever receives one just to be fair, his reward. And whosoever shall give to drink just a cup of cold water to one of these little ones, a disciple, I assure you will not lose his reward. "

And it came to pass, when Jesus had finished instructing his twelve disciples, he departed thence to teach and preach in their cities.

  Your brother in Christ, Father Santiago

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario