miércoles, 16 de septiembre de 2015

Reading from the Gospel, Thursday September 17 (click here)


 Thursday, 17 September
 Gospel (Lk 7, 36-50): At that time, a Pharisee invited Jesus to dine with him, and he entered into the Pharisee's house, she went to the table. It was in the city a public sinful woman, who knowing it was eating at the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster jar of perfume, and standing behind at the feet of Jesus, he began to mourn, and her tears wet feet and with the hairs of her head she wiped; He kissed his feet and anointed them with the ointment.

When the Pharisee who had invited him, he said to himself, "If this man were a prophet, would know who and what kind of woman this is who is touching him, for she is a sinner." Jesus answered him, "Simon, I have something to tell you." He said, "Tell me, teacher." "A creditor had two debtors: one owed five hundred pence and the other fifty. When they could not pay, he forgave them both. Which of them will love him more? ". Simon replied, "I suppose the one whom he forgave more." He said, "You are right," and turned to the woman and said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I came into your house and you gave me no water for my feet. She, however, has wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You gave me no kiss. She, since she entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. You did not anoint my head with oil. She has anointed my feet with ointment. Therefore I tell you, her many sins are forgiven, because she loved much. To whom little is forgiven, loves little. "

And he told her: "Your sins are forgiven." The table began to say to themselves, "Who is this who even forgives sins?". But He said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you. Go in peace. "

  We share your brother in Christ, Father Santiago

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario