domingo, 4 de enero de 2015

Gospel Reading, Monday, January 5 (click here)


Liturgical Day: Monday January 5
    Gospel (Jn 1, 43-51): At that time, Jesus decided to leave for Galilee. He finds Philip and said to him, "Follow me." Philip was from Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter. Philip found Nathanael and said: "That of whom Moses in the law and also the prophets, we have found, Jesus the son of Joseph, from Nazareth." Nathanael said to him: "Nazareth! Can anything good?". Philip said to him, "Come and see."

Jesus Nathanael coming toward him and said he saw: "There is an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile." He tells Nathanael: "How do you know me?". Jesus answered him, "Before Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw you." Nathanael answered him, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God, thou art the King of Israel." Jesus replied: "Why I told you I saw you under the fig tree, believest thou? You will see greater things. "And he added: "Truly, truly, I say to you shall see heaven open and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man."

   Your brother in Christ, Father Santiago

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario