sábado, 22 de noviembre de 2014

Gospel Reading Today, November 23 (click here)


Liturgical Day: Sunday November 23. Feast of Christ the King
    Gospel (Mt 25, 31-46): At that time Jesus said to his disciples: "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels, then he will sit on his glorious throne. They will be gathered before him all nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. Put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food; I was thirsty and you gave me drink; I was a stranger and you welcomed me; I was naked and you clothed me; sick, and you visited me; in prison and you came to me '. Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and gave you food; or thirsty and give you drink? '. When did we see you a stranger and welcome thee; or naked, and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and visit you? '. And the King will answer them, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me me'.

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; I was a stranger and you welcomed me not; I was naked, and you did not clothe me; sick and in prison, and ye visited me. 'Then it will be these: 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'. And Then He will answer them, 'Truly I tell you, as you did not do for one of these least ones, you did it to me'. And these shall go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life. "

   Your brother in Christ, Father Santiago

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario